HSA decided to invest in cement production via the construction of a cement production plant. This is in order to bridge the increasing demand-supply gap of cement in the local market. Accordingly, through the use of the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) assistance grant funding, HSA carried a feasibility study on the assumed project; eventually, the current location was selected as the best site to construct NCC cement plant.
the National Cement Company (NCC) was established.
In December 2005
HSA started the initial and basic steps for setting up of the cement plants:
- Humboldt Wedag (HWI - India)
- GEBR. Pfeiffer AG (Germany)
- Siemens (India)
- IKN (Germany)
- Taim Weser (Germany)
- Elex AG (Switzerland)
- Hazemag (Germany)
In January 2006
- A Letter of Intent was signed by and with KHD Humboldt Wedag International Ltd ( KHD), a German company, for the purpose of setting up the NCC cement plant.
- While KHD was the major engineering company and the project's main supplier, other companies joined in the work.
- Holtec Consulting Pvt Ltd undertook the responsibility of managing and running the project whereas Petron Engineering Construction was responsible for doing mechanical and installation works. A contract was also entered and concluded with Al Saeed Company for Manufacturing Concrete &Contracting (SMCC) an HSA subsidiary in order to implement the project's concrete and civil construction works.
In July 2008
The NCC began its first production with National Cement as its trademark.
In January 2009
NCC exported its first "National Cement" shipment to the African markets.
NCC was editorialized in Euro Asia Industry Magazine.
NCC was awarded "the 2009 Investment Award" as one of the best twenty investment companies and number-one company in the field of cement manufacturing and marketing in Yemen.
In September 2010
NCC started to produce and then market its Sulfate Resistant Cement ( SRC) in addition to its other ordinary cement products.
In January 2013
the Company added a new brand of cement product to its existing OPC and SRC products; this is the Pozzolana Portland Cement (PPC).
NCC was awarded for the second time, "the 2013 Investment Award" as one of the best twenty investment companies and number-one Company in the field of cement manufacturing and marketing in Yemen.